The official Chuck vs. the Fear of Death discussion thread - Page 2 - Forum - Summer Glau Wiki

[ New Forum Posts · Members · Forum Rules · Search ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » The official Chuck vs. the Fear of Death discussion thread
The official Chuck vs. the Fear of Death discussion thread
Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 11:16 GMT | Message # 16

Friends

Awards: 0

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Did anyone perceive any reference to Firefly/Serenity during this Chuck?

Greta did a River "He looks better in red." with one of the nerd's tie

Firefly

Chuck

Thats a window bird.

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 15:01 GMT | Message # 17

Awards: 1

Quote (Joe73)
Did anyone perceive any reference to Firefly/Serenity during this Chuck?

Greta did a River "He looks better in red." with one of the nerd's tie

Strangely, very few people saw that blatant reference to Firefly when Chuck's episode aired.

As i said before, that guest spot was not so interesting in terms of acting because the constant reference to Summer's main characters blurr her current performance; some people are not looking at Summer Glau interpreting a new character, they're looking at River Tam (or Cameron) meeting Chuck.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 20:04 GMT | Message # 18

Friends

As i said before, that guest spot was not so interesting in terms of acting because the constant reference to Summer's main characters blurr her current performance; some people are not looking at Summer Glau interpreting a new character, they're looking at River Tam (or Cameron) meeting Chuck.

And the eye candy because Chuck (the show) does not shy away from eye candy. They seem to take any excuse to satisfy their eye candy quota.

It is not as if anybody expected her guest role to be a round character, it is just a one off character. Not to mention it is obligatory for references with guest stars that were cast members in the past with a cast member of a show, that is the whole point isn't it?

Strangely, very few people saw that blatant reference to Firefly when Chuck's episode aired.

I think people missed it because Adam Baldwin was not yet in the scene, so they were not on the look out for the references. The most blatant reference was when Baldwin's character tells Summer's character "I don't know what crew you been on" (a paraphrase can not remember the quote). It was nice they made the chest cutting reference not so direct by having Summer's character not do it to Baldwin's character, but it also throws people off guard. Had the same thing happened but with Baldwin's character more people would have noticed the reference.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 11-11-20, 20:09

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 22:07 GMT | Message # 19

Quote (FordStaff)
And the eye candy because Chuck (the show) does not shy away from eye candy. They seem to take any excuse to satisfy their eye candy quota.

Indeed! Take a look at Tricia Helfer in sexy outfit teasing Captain Awesome.

Tricia Helfer as agent Alex Forrest in 'Chuck Vs. The Broken Heart'

Quote (FordStaff)
It is not as if anybody expected her guest role to be a round character, it is just a one off character. Not to mention it is obligatory for references with guest stars that were cast members in the past with a cast member of a show, that is the whole point isn't it?

Summer's guest spot in Alphas was much more promising concerning a possible return of Skylar, even if the "obligatory references" (to TSCC in this case) were also present.

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 22:26 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

Summer's guest spot in Alphas was much more promising concerning a possible return of Skylar, even if the "obligatory references" (to TSCC in this case) were also present.

Greta is different. Never meant to return. Skylar actually had an effect on the plot, Greta did not.

Indeed! Take a look at Tricia Helfer in sexy outfit teasing Captain Awesome.

Summer got away pretty easy, I wonder if they had wanted more than they got.

Message edited by FordStaff - Sunday, 11-11-20, 22:28

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 22:42 GMT | Message # 21

Quote (FordStaff)
Summer got away pretty easy, I wonder if they had wanted more than they got.

Hard to say!
Here is one thing that i know : everyone who has seen Summer's Esquire or FHM photoshoot and videos and compared them to similar ones made by others can see the difference. Without going too much into details, Summer always stayed classy, had "decent" poses and didn't showed more skin than what was necessary.

Date: Sunday, 11-11-20, 22:50 GMT | Message # 22

Friends

Hard to say!
Here is one thing that i know : everyone who has seen Summer's Esquire or FHM photoshoot and videos and compared them to similar ones made by others can see the difference. Without going too much into details, Summer always stayed classy, had "decent" poses and didn't showed more skin than what was necessary.

I have not compared those things so I will trust everyone else's judgement. All I know myself is that considering how damn good looking Summer is, her parts have relatively limited eye candy uses and other such fan-service type things. Especially when you then compare to say Tricia Helfer whose use on BSG consisted of having sexual relations with Baltar 50% of the time for seemingly no reason. That is an exaggeration, but it sure did feel that way.

It is nice to see a good looking female actor who does not rely on such tricks, at least not to much of an extent.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 11-11-21, 02:05

Date: Monday, 11-11-21, 12:06 GMT | Message # 23

Friends

Well Summer in that Business / Casual Look Dress was great and Sexy (not to mention that summer always looks good biggrin ) I only watched those episode where Summer was Involved so I can´t say something about the chuck show

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Monday, 12-01-09, 20:32 GMT | Message # 24

Thanks Jeff!

Exclusive Interview: CHUCK star Scott Krinsky clears his head and looks back on the series at AssignementX

Quote (Scott Krinsky)
AX: How did you like working with the Gretas, the CIA agents who were installed undercover at the Buy More?

KRINSKY: The Gretas have all been really great to work with. Summer Glau was one of the Gretas, and Isaiah Mustafa, so yeah, it was been a lot of fun.

Date: Monday, 12-02-06, 21:32 GMT | Message # 25

Since Chuck is now over, website Blastr has taken a look back at the long list of Chuck's guest stars.

As a tribute to Chuck's awesome army of guest stars, we've put together this handy chart of 79 of the biggest names ever to drop by the show, from recurring visitors to brief but enthralling cameos. And as if that weren't enough, we've also ranked them according to just how squee-inducing each appearance was, and just how much badass action each of their characters brought to the party.

Summer Glau is not on top of the list but her picture illustrates the chart.

Click on image for bigger size

Date: Sunday, 13-10-06, 15:15 GMT | Message # 26

Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » The official Chuck vs. the Fear of Death discussion thread
Page 2 of 2«12
Search:
SEARCH

LAYOUT
Bright theme
Dark theme
Mobile theme
PAGES MENU

Open folder Summer Glau Open folder Career Open folder Fanfiction
Upcoming TV/Movies

Sequestered
October 14th on Crackle

Inside the Box
film festivals, VOD and DVD

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
Upcoming Events

Edmonton Expo:
September 26-28, 2014

Austin Comic Con:
October 2-4, 2014
LOGIN

Old login form

OUR POLL

If Summer is casted in an upcoming Avengers movie which character should she play?

Total of answers: 679

STATISTICS

Go to top