What would be the best role/genre for Summer? - Forum - Summer Glau Wiki

[ New Forum Posts · Members · Forum Rules · Search ]
Page 1 of 331233233»
Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Date: Thursday, 11-02-03, 11:34 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Awards: 1

Vote for what you would like see her in, not what you think would have the highest ratings

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Thursday, 11-02-03, 13:49 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

Maybe a superhero show in which Summer plays a "normal" character...
Oh wait, i think they've just done that with The Cape and it did not ended very well.

Seriously, i think she would be perfect in a serie like Moonlighting from the 80's; i loved the sexual tension between the two lead characters. I think Castle, which i haven't seen btw, has similarities with Moonnlighting.

Quote (Wikipedia)
Moonlighting is an American television series that aired on ABC from March 3, 1985, to May 14, 1989. Starring Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd as private detectives, the show was a mixture of drama, comedy and romance, and was considered to be one of the first successful and influential examples of comedy-drama, or "dramedy", emerging as a distinct television genre.
The series revolved around cases investigated by the Blue Moon Detective Agency and its two partners, Madeline "Maddie" Hayes (Shepherd) and David Addison (Willis). The show, with a mix of mystery, sharp dialogue and sexual tension between its two leads, introduced Bruce Willis to the world and brought Cybill Shepherd back into the spotlight after nearly a decade-long absence.

Here's Moonlighting Title Sequence (warning : seing Bruce Willis with hairs could be traumatizing for the young audience)

@Fermi : maybe it would have been better to be able to vote for several options.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 11-02-03, 21:30

Date: Friday, 11-02-04, 00:13 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Awards: 0

Well, the question asks "What would be...?". We all know she is a Sci-Fi queen and Sci-Fi is the best genre. Unfortunately it seems like the majority of people are not much into Sci-Fi. So if we want her to have more fans outside Sci-Fi then it should probably be "Romantic". I think this category attracts the biggest audience and also I think it will fit well for Summer.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Date: Friday, 11-02-04, 11:20 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

How about a vampire show, a kinda BloodRayneish universe, as another Dhampir biggrin :D biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Friday, 11-02-04, 11:21

Date: Friday, 11-02-04, 11:37 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

@ Krellek -

By the way, yes, it would be interesting ...

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Date: Saturday, 11-02-05, 20:28 GMT | Message # 6

Users

I think it'd be cool to see Summer expand herself, which she's done a little bit with Deadly Honeymoon and The Cape, but I think I'd like to see her stay in Sci-Fi. I'm not a big fan of the genre, but River and Cameron are two of my favourite characters of all-time. Summer excels in the Sci-Fi genre.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Date: Saturday, 11-02-05, 20:53 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

People, me including, were accusing Summer's agent not to propose her roles ouside of scifi; but we are wrong. She played in Deadly Honeymoon last year, which was a complete new genre for her (not my genre btw) and in that western The Legend of Hell's Gate: An American Conspiracy (2011).

She builds her career step by step; of course i would like to see her in a blockbuster two times a year and can't wait till that day comes.

I'm torn between the urge to see her in a scifi show and the urge to see her in as successful show, maybe not scifi.

Date: Tuesday, 11-02-15, 22:28 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

John Wirth, one of the showrunner of The Cape has moved on to a new project, according to Deadline :

The Cape showrunner John Wirth has joined the CW's drama pilot Cooper & Stone as exec producer-showrunner. The pilot, from writer-exec producer Laurie Arent and CBS TV Studios, is about two smart young female detectives on Chicago’s North Side who are best friends, equally adept at discussing fashion, music, pop culture as they are solving homicides. Wirth also served as co-showrunner on The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Why wouldn't he take Summer Glau with him.

Date: Saturday, 11-02-26, 21:45 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

I had seen this potential role for Summer mentioned on the web before but the similarity between these two photos is amazing :

Laura Kinney/X-23=Summer Glau

Granted Summer is a few years too old to play Laura now, a few years ago, when I came up with the idea (I don’t want to point fingers and say I was the very first to think of it, but I like to think I was one of the very first to think of it) for her to play Laura, it was totally due to her acting. She can pull off a psychotic killer (Firefly/Serenity) as well as dealing with complicated emotions (TSCC) so I think she would be the perfect candidate for Laura.

Source : Dream casting for X-Men movies

Date: Sunday, 11-02-27, 18:23 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

1 - Yes, similarities is amazing (and the picture on the left is also good smile )

2 - If a film with X-23 will be made, Summer should definitely play this role biggrin

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Date: Friday, 11-03-11, 12:28 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Since The Cape was certain to be cancelled, we were wondering for weeks if the actors were freed to search for others jobs, even if The Cape was not officially cancelled.
It seems that it's possible given that "No Ordinary Family" male lead Michael Chiklis has booked a role on CBS' comedy pilot "Vince Uncensored" (source : EW.com)

We learn cast upadtes for Fall new pilots everyday; it is likely producers are interested to cast Summer Glau and i wouldn't be surprised if we learn more soon. I hope so at least.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 11-03-15, 13:49

Date: Monday, 11-03-14, 21:34 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Every former actor of TSCC has find a new serie/pilot :
Garret Dillahunt is on Fox comedy "Raising Hope"
Lena Headey is on HBO fantasy serie "Game of Thrones"
Thomas Dekker have joined CW drama pilot "Secret Circle"
Richard T. Jones have joined Peter Tolan's comedy pilot for Fox Council of Dads

I made this list to make you understand that good actors have no difficulties to find a new job and TSCC is a good line on a resume.
I wouldn't say that The Cape is a good line on a resume but nobody will blame Summer Glau for its failure and i'm 100% sure she will get a new job soon. We will be there for you and for her when this time comes.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 11-03-14, 21:34

Date: Tuesday, 11-03-15, 13:52 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote (michelangelo)
"No Ordinary Family" male lead Michael Chiklis has booked a role on CBS' comedy pilot "Vince Uncensored"

If someone were wondering if NOF will have a second season, this should give you the answer : Pilot Scoop: No Ordinary Family's Julie Benz Joins CBS' Untitled Supernatural-Tinged Drama seen on tvline.com

There is still room for this Fall pilots; Summer Glau could get a role as well.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 11-03-15, 13:54

Date: Tuesday, 11-03-15, 14:43 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

She is in similar situation as when TSCC got canceled. It is to late too get a leading role this fall she need to wait a year.
She will probably get a recurring guest role on one of this fall shows.

I really hope that next time she will be the main character in a show that will last a couple of seasons. Maybe it was for the best that the Cape got canceled, she were never supposed to have a bigger role than this, still it seems that Summer Glau was the main reason people were watching the show (according to the interwebz buzz).

NBC might not be the best network as majority of the shows get canceled pretty quick.
Btw will not the Cape get an official cancellation are the actors/actresses free to search for a new job.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Tuesday, 11-03-15, 21:39 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Quote (Fermi)
She is in similar situation as when TSCC got canceled. It is to late too get a leading role this fall she need to wait a year. She will probably get a recurring guest role on one of this fall shows. I really hope that next time she will be the main character in a show that will last a couple of seasons. Maybe it was for the best that the Cape got canceled, she were never supposed to have a bigger role than this, still it seems that Summer Glau was the main reason people were watching the show (according to the interwebz buzz). NBC might not be the best network as majority of the shows get canceled pretty quick. Btw will not the Cape get an official cancellation are the actors/actresses free to search for a new job.

@aimee_liz Amy Reitnouer
Nothing like having Summer Glau hanging around the office to make one feel perfectly inadequate.
4 hours ago

A prospective new gig, or does this have to do with that charity event she is doing?

Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Page 1 of 331233233»
Search:
SEARCH

LAYOUT
Bright theme
Dark theme
Mobile theme
PAGES MENU

Open folder Summer Glau Open folder Career Open folder Fanfiction
Upcoming TV/Movies

Jeff 1000 November 2014 Wired magazine website

Inside the Box
film festivals, VOD and DVD

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
Upcoming Events

MegaCon 2015:
April 10th-12th, 2015
LOGIN

Old login form

OUR POLL

If Summer is casted in an upcoming Avengers movie which character should she play?

Total of answers: 694

STATISTICS

Go to top